Off on holiday? Find out everything you need to know to avoid surprises with your cards.
MoraBanking | 05.16.2017 | Raquel Sánchez Quevedo
Are you planning for your holiday? Apart from looking for a destination, travel arrangements and accommodation, it is important that you bear several things in mind so that you can make full use of your bank cards while you are away.
Something unexpected can always happen on holiday that should nevertheless not stop us from enjoying our free time to the full. Don’t let your cards be one of these things by following these simple guidelines that we have prepared for you:
2. Make sure the expiry date does not coincide with your holiday dates. If it does, you can ask your manager for a new one and it will be issued on the next working day.
3. Ensure that your card’s credit limit or the cash available in your account will be enough for any potential expenses or unexpected events that could arise on your trip. In the case of credit cards, if you need to increase your limit go to your branch to find out the maximum limit to which you are entitled; this increase on your credit limit could be temporary only and you will always be able to change it later by talking to your manager. Remember that you can also bring forward any outstanding payments on your credit card whenever you want online. Your credit limit will then be automatically topped up.
4. You are reminded that to make online payments, such as booking a hotel, you must have enabled online purchases on your MoraBanc cards, whether credit or debit cards. Every time you wish to make a purchase, you will have to authorise it using a six-digit numerical code that you will receive through an SMS. For security reasons, you will only have 10 minutes to complete the process from the time you start the payment for a purchase until you confirm it.
5. Block your cards immediately in the event of loss or theft. You can do so at any time wherever you are from your online banking account or the mobile banking app: just select the card, go to “Transactions” and block it. The card will be instantly cancelled.
6. Regularly monitor the amounts charged to your card while you are away. You can view all transactions at any time, whether on your debit and credit cards, or on your accounts. This way, you will be able to keep an eye on your spending and quickly detect any suspicious or fraudulent charges.
7. Review the insurance policies you have taken out to cover your cards. It is particularly important to check whether or not you are covered for fraud and that you are aware of the coverage given. Moreover, all of our cards include free travel insurance that covers, amongst other things, the theft of luggage and up to €6,000 in medical expenses abroad. You can see all details of your card’s insurance on our website.
8. If you have not registered for online banking, do so by filling in this form or by going into any MoraBanc branch. If you have registered, make sure that your passwords are not out of date and that you have the latest update in the case of the app, so that nothing stops you from managing your banking wherever you are. You will be able to make enquiries and requests, do transactions and even contact your manager with a single click.
Remember that in addition to managing your cards and accounts remotely, our MoraBanc Digital Service lets you request foreign currency for your trip, ask for duplicates of your cards, look at share prices and the performance of your investments, contact your branch and perform many other functions. If you haven’t already got it, request it now!
If you think you need further information, do not hesitate to contact our helpline TeleBanc on +376 884 884 or you can also get in touch with us through our contact form.
Updated: October 2020.
Information on the processing of personal data
In compliance with Law 15/2003 of 18 December on protection of personal data, the customer authorizes that the applicant’s personal data entered on this form will be incorporated into files owned and managed by MORA BANC GRUP, SA – MORA BANC, SAU (hereafter referred to as “MoraBanc”) to process the requested service and, if necessary, to comply with the contracts finally entered into, and also to ensure correct operational procedures.
The applicant expressly authorises MoraBanc to send him/her commercial and promotional communications for products and services and information on the Bank itself, social or other activities, in hardcopy by post or by electronic means (among others, short messages (SMS) to mobile phones, e-mail, etc.). This consent can always be withdrawn, without retroactive effect.
The fact of filling out this form implies that the applicant acknowledges that the information and personal data provided are true, accurate and correct; otherwise, MoraBanc declines all responsibility for the lack of truthfulness or correctness of the data.
The applicant authorises the data provided to be communicated or shared with third parties forming part of the MoraBanc business group, entities which are primarily active in the financial, insurance and service sectors. The applicant is considered as having been informed of this transfer of information by means of this clause. The applicant accepts that he/she may be sent information on any product or service marketed by these companies.
The data processing manager is MoraBanc. The applicant is hereby informed that the rights of access, rectification, suppression or opposition may be exercised in the terms established in current legislation.