Security in Grupo MoraBanc’s websites
The importance of online security
At MoraBanc we are aware of the necessity to guarantee the security of the information transfer between the Bank and its clients. That is why we have the maximum security measures in order to guarantee confidentiality in communications.
Security in connection to Online Banking
When you access Online Banking, you must check at all times that you are entering your details into a safe page.
It is important to follow these safety measures:
- Verify the connection is made through a safe server, by ensuring the following:
- Check the server’s URL, as a safe server file path starts with https and not http.
- Look for signalling in the browser, as a full key or a closed padlock should be visible in one at the bottom corners of the screen.
- Check the website’s security certificates:
- In order to do so, you have to click on the padlock icon that appears once you access a safe area, at the right bottom corner of your browser, and verify that the certificate’s expiry date and domain are current. You can see the issuer, the validity period and who the certificate was issued for in the detailed information.
Use of a safe server
Online Banking works on a safe server using the SSL protocol (Secure Socket Layer), which activates whenever you access it. The secure server transmits the encrypted information through 128 bits algorithms that ensure that it is only intelligible for the client’s computer and the Bank’s server.
Using SSL protocol, we guarantee:
- That the client is communicating their information to MoraBanc’s server.
- That all data is encrypted during its transfer between the client and MoraBanc’s server, avoiding possible reading or manipulation by third parties.
Aspects to be considered regarding cache
The browser’s cache allows accessing almost immediately those websites that have been visited recently.
Sometimes, cache may cause websites to not function perfectly. It could happen that through your computer the last version stored in the cache comes up but what is visible may not be the last and most up to date version of the page stored in the website’s server. In order to avoid this happening, we recommend you click the browse update content option every time you visit the website and regularly delete all files from the temporary internet files folder.
How to increase security in digital environments?
MoraBanc offers you all the means within its reach in order to guarantee Online Banking safety through a Safe keys system.
MoraBanc will never ask you to disclose your user, access or transactions passwords by e-mail, telephone or SMS.
If you believe that your online banking safety may have been breached, urgently contact MoraBanc on +376 884884.
MoraBanc provides the Online Banking with a user password, an access password and a transactions password. These passwords are private and non-transferable and must be kept carefully and safely by the user of the service.
The user code, the access password and the transactions password must be different in order to make it difficult for third parties to learn or guess them.
Should you suspect someone might have had access to these passwords, you should change them immediately.
MoraBanc Online Banking passwords are stored in our systems, encrypted with an irreversible algorithm, so that no one within the Bank has knowledge of them.
The passwords are secret and only the owner must know them for the exclusive use in MoraBanc’s Online Banking.
Don’t trust unexpected mails or pop-ups that ask for passwords or other private data, even in the name of MoraBanc, or SMS that prompt you to download mobile apps.
Log out of Online Banking
We at MoraBanc recommend that all our users follow these simple pieces of advice in order to keep your Online Banking service sessions completely safe .
In order to log out from MoraBanc Online Banking you should always use the log out button.
This way you will ensure to have logged out safely and the next time you enter Online Banking, the user number and access password will be requested again.
In case of logging out incorrectly, the server will not log you out until a certain time period has passed (time-out), at which point the automatic log-out will be activated.
If you change the website in your browser without following the above steps, you will still be able to directly access your private MoraBanc Online Banking session without the need to introduce your passwords, as long as the necessary time period to activate the automatic log-out has not passed.
Online Banking safety pieces of advice
- Do not give anyone your user, access and transaction passwords.
- Change your Online Banking access passwords regularly.
- Do not write down your Online Banking keys on paper or on any non-encrypted file.
- Always access Online Banking by typing the address into your browser.
- Always check the date and time of the last connection to Online Banking, as well as the number of monthly log-ins.
- Try not to access Online Banking on public computers.
- Always keep your computer antivirus software updated.
Mobile banking safety pieces of advice
Just as your computer, your mobile phone or tablet may be infected by a virus or a trojan (malware).
In order to minimise these risks, we propose the following basic safety rules:
- Modify the lock password regularly.
- Activate and set an automatic lock.
- Ensure that in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections you are asked for permission first.
- Ensure that the messages and apps you download are of known origin.
- Install antivirus software on your mobile phone. Search for the software that best adapts to your needs and your usage.
- Check the origin and the content of the SD card before you insert it in your phone.
- Make regular safety copies.
- If your phone gets lost or stolen, contact the phone operator in order to block it immediately.
- Keep your phone number updated at all times in MoraBanc’s database.