Help us make the world a better place
Life | 09.24.2018
Transforming the world to make it a better place: this is a global goal that everyone should strive to achieve. Changes can be implemented in a variety of ways and every individual profile, person, group, and organization can take different steps to help improve the planet.
You might have heard of the SDGs, one of the most recent initiatives that has been launched on a global scale. We are already helping to achieve these goals at MoraBanc and we’d like to share the efforts we’re making with you.
The Sustainable Development Goals are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations in 2015 that aim for society’s advancement without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
It is a global challenge that can be adopted by private individuals, governments, companies, institutions and anyone who wants to make a contribution, however small, towards achieving the targets of the SDGs.
Actively supporting the SDGs is easy: simply read the description of the 17 goals to identify concrete actions you can take in your personal and professional life. Every little bit helps.
What are we doing at MoraBanc?
We analyzed the SDGs and identified how we could help meet these targets through MoraBanc’s range of activities and programs, implementing initiatives that aim to advance the United Nation’s goals.
Below are some examples:
- Our Solidarity Card project, food and toy collection campaigns for Caritas, and the solidarity event we hold with Vivand help achieve SDG 1, 2 and 10: No Poverty, Zero Hunger, and Reducing Inequalities.
- Collaborating with the Women’s Race, guaranteeing a safe and healthy working environment for employees, and sponsoring sports activities in Andorra help support objective 3: Good Health and Well-being for People. We also provide academic scholarships and grants for the children of employees as well as summer internships, we sponsor projects such as the Mathematics Olympiad, and are committed to cultural events to do our part to provide Quality Education, SDG 4.
- Providing support to businesses is one of the banking sector’s core purposes, our work serving as a driver of economic growth. This role is important for achieving goal number 8, Decent Employment and Economic Growth, but at MoraBanc we provide even more support through our LAB Impact Andorra program for entrepreneurs, growing credit investments, promoting stable work, and facilitating job opportunities for young people.
- We apply the principles of Gender Equality, goal number 5, through our human resources management policy, and we’re committed to a work-life balance for our employees.
- MoraBanc has had an environmental management system in place for years, and we track our carbon footprint and activate protocols to reduce energy, paper, toner, and other waste. We also offer financial products, like our Eco-Car loan, to promote responsible consumption. All these initiatives help to advance SDG 12 and 13: Responsible Consumption and Production and Climate Action.
The SDGs apply to everyone. We can each do our part to help achieve them and all of us, particularly future generations, benefit from their accomplishment. The challenge is to think about which specific goals we can help achieve through our work; together, every little effort will help create a better world.
Please visit our Social Responsibility section to find out more about what we do for the community, environment, and other areas.
Information on the processing of personal data
In compliance with Law 15/2003 of 18 December on protection of personal data, the customer authorizes that the applicant’s personal data entered on this form will be incorporated into files owned and managed by MORA BANC GRUP, SA – MORA BANC, SAU (hereafter referred to as “MoraBanc”) to process the requested service and, if necessary, to comply with the contracts finally entered into, and also to ensure correct operational procedures.
The applicant expressly authorises MoraBanc to send him/her commercial and promotional communications for products and services and information on the Bank itself, social or other activities, in hardcopy by post or by electronic means (among others, short messages (SMS) to mobile phones, e-mail, etc.). This consent can always be withdrawn, without retroactive effect.
The applicant authorises the data provided to be communicated or shared with third parties forming part of the MoraBanc business group, entities which are primarily active in the financial, insurance and service sectors. The applicant is considered as having been informed of this transfer of information by means of this clause. The applicant accepts that he/she may be sent information on any product or service marketed by these companies.
The data processing manager is MoraBanc. The applicant is hereby informed that the rights of access, rectification, suppression or opposition may be exercised in the terms established in current legislation.